Silicon based PV panels require normal flat glass treatment and no special removal of the semi-conductor layer.
Non-silicon based PV panels require special semi-conductor removal technology and isolation of the toxic heavy metals.
- Remove cables, plug and semiconductor
- Separate aluminium and glass from the PV module
- Remove labels
- Reuse or recycle the EVA film and recover chemical elements such as cadmium and selenium
- Separate into fractions (EVA film, Aluminium, Wafer, Cable and plastic plug, Semiconductor, Glass)
- Recycle the glass fraction in a smelter