5 Your rights
According to Art. 15-21 GDPR you can assert the following rights with regard to the personal data processed by us if the conditions described there are met.
5.1 Right to access (Art. 15 GDPR).
You have the right to be informed about the personal data concerning you that is processed by us and be provided with a copy of your personal data we hold about you.
5.2 Right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR).
You may request the rectification of inaccurate personal data, or to complete personal data when it is incomplete.
5.3 Right to erasure (Art. 17 GDPR).
You may be entitled to ask for the deletion of personal data concerning you, in particular if one of the following reasons exists:
- Your personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- You revoke your consent on which the processing of your data is based.
- You have asserted a right to object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or you asserted your right to object where your personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes.
- Your data has been processed unlawfully.
However, the right to deletion does not exist if this conflicts with the legitimate interests of the responsible party. These could be e.g.:
- if personal data is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
- if deletion is not possible due to storage obligations.
If data cannot be deleted, however, there may be a right to restrict processing (see below).
5.4 Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR).
You have the right to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data under following circumstances:
- you contest the accuracy of your personal data and we therefore verify the accuracy of your personal data for a period,
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal data and and instead request the restriction of their use,
- we no longer need the data, but you do need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims,
- you have objected to the processing of your data pursuant to Art. 21 par. 1 GDPR and it is not yet clear whether our legitimate grounds overide those of yours.
5.5 Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR).
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit this data to another controller without our interference, provided that the processing is based on your consent (e.g. Art. 6 par. 1 lit a) GDPR)) or a contract (Art. 6 par. 1 lit b) GDPR) and the processing is carried out by us with the help of automated means.
5.6 Right to object (Art. 21 GDPR).
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data relating to you on the basis of Art. 6 par. 1 e) or f) GDPR for reasons arising from his particular situation, including profiling based on those provisions. Where your personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes without your consent and based on our legitimate interests, you have the absolute right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing (Art. 21 par. 2 GDPR). The respective personal data will no longer be processed for direct marketing purposes then.
5.7 Right to revoke consent (Art. 7 par. 3 GDPR).
If you have consented to the processing of your personal data by us, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time. The legality of processing your personal data before revocation remains unaffected. We may further process such data pursuant to another applicable legal basis, e.g. for the fulfilment of our legal obligations.
5.8 Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR).
If you have not received an answer after a reasonable period of time from the DPO, or have received an answer which is incomplete or unsatisfactory in your view, you shall have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR, if you onsider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR. Such complaint may be lodged in particular with the supervisory authority in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
Questions and how to assert your rights. If you have any questions regarding data protection, or want to exercise one of your rights or to lodge a complaint we will be happy to assist you: firstname.lastname@example.org